Lewes Vox 2016 term and events
Autumn Term starts on September 8th 2016
Half Term is October 27th – NO CHOIR
Last session is Thursday December 15th
Autumn Term Gigs – PENCIL THESE IN
Saturday October 1st: Dancing In The Old at Harvey’s Brewery Lewes. Time to be arranged.
Sunday November 13th: Keep free for some Old People’s Home singing. TBC
Saturday 3rd December: Artists and Makers Fair at Lewes Town Hall. Time to be arranged.
Sunday 11th December: Lewes Vox’ 3rd Annual Christmas Extravaganza! From 7pm. Venue to be arranged.
14th Jan – 11th Feb
6th Feb Old People’s Home Singing
25th Feb – March 17th
4 weeks – then Easter
20th March Chorus Festival, Royal Festival Hall, South Bank Centre. 1pm – 1.25pm on the Mandela Statue Stage. http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/festivals-series/chorus
7th April – 26th May
Firle Garden Show April 24th
9th June – 14th July
June 16th and 7th July different venue TBC
Chailey Green WW11 Fete 25th June
Summer camping party 16th July – Venue TBC
1st September – 20th Oct
Rolling Out The Old (Oct 1st presumably TBC)
3rd Nov – Dec 8th
Maker Fair Lewes – 3rd – 4th Dec exact day TBC.
Christmas Extravaganza – 11th Dec Venue TBC
Lewes Vox Winter Performances 2015
- Lewes Vox Christmas Concert – Sunday 13th December at The Royal Oak in Barcombe at 7pm. All proceeds to charity.
- Late Night Shopping Performance in Lewes on Dec 3rd 2015.
Lewes Vox Autumn/Winter 2015
|Dates||Events and info|
|August 20th||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
|August 27th||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
|September 3rd||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
Meeting in pub after choir to discuss Christmas repertoire
|September 17th||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
Meeting in the pub after to plan Christmas Extravaganza for those who are willing to help out
|October 1st||Rehearsal 7.30pm
Saturday 3rd October
Busk in Lewes at 12.30pm
|October 8th||Rehearsal 7.30pmChristmas rehearsals begin today|
|October 22nd||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
|October 29th||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
|Break week Bonfire||No Choir|
|November 12th||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
|November 19th||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
|November 26th||Rehearsal 7.30pm|
Late Night Shopping
Singing in town – no rehearsal at the Elly that night
Thank Folk It’s Christmas singing workshop
Sunday 6th December
10.45 – 4pm at The Elephant and Castle
|December 10th||Rehearsal 7.30pm
Sunday 13th December
Lewes Vox Christmas Extravaganza at The Elephant and Castle 7pm
Winter/Spring 2015 Brighton Vox
- Sunday 25th The Hyde housing residents association singing at 2pm in the Open Market.
- Saturday 28th February – community singalong at Brighton’s Open Market – 11 am
- Sunday 19th April Thank folk it’s Spring Singing Workshop with Katie Bogaru and Helen Bowman 10.45 am – 4pm @ The Elephant and Castle pub Lewes. Early bird booking opens soon.
Brighton Vox Gig Dates 2014
- Wednesday 24th September Brighton Vox@ Emporium
- Saturday 27th September at Charleston Literary Festival
- Open Mic – Wednesday 15th October 2014 at The Marlborough from 9pm after usual session.
- Sunday 7th Dcember at Two Kats and a Cow Gallery, Brighton Seafront. 2-3 pm
- Thursday December 11th Sussex Pathways Charity Christmas party 5.30 pm
- Thursday 18th December singing under the Christmas tree at Brighton Station 6.45 pm
Lewes Vox gig dates Autumn 2014
- Rolling Out the Old Festival at the John Harvey Tavern, Lewes. 4th October 2014 CANCELLED, SORRY 😦
- 12th October 2014. All Day Sing Around at the Elephant and Castle as part of Lewes Folk Festival. Singing at about 1pm…ish
- 30th November, ‘Thank Folk It’s Christmas’ workshop. 10.45 – 4pm at The Elephant and Castle, Lewes
- Lewes Late Night Shopping on 4th December. Sing at 6.30 – wish.
- Lewes Vox Christmas performance and open mic session on Sunday 14th December at The Royal Oak in Barcombe.